Weston HallWeston, Staffordshire
Set on 20-acre grounds, this upscale manor hotel was built in 1550. It’s 4.6 miles from Stafford train station and 10 miles from the Izaak Walton Cottage.
Providing countryside views, the 8 refined, individually decorated rooms feature private bathrooms and Wi-Fi access. Some rooms also have 4-poster beds and oak-beamed ceilings. Room service is offered.
Complimentary continental breakfast is provided, and there is a cosy restaurant and bar on-site. Other amenities include 6 conference rooms and additional function space.
Weston Hall originated in 1550 when it was built as a small Dower house. Dower houses were moderately large dwellings built for the widow of an estate owner. The house was then extended around 1660 into a three-gable structure with three high pitched roofs. Towards the end of the 19th century the house was taken over by Shrewsbury Settled Estates, who built the fourth high pitched roof that we see today. In 1950 the Godwin family bought the property and converted it into flats. By the early 1990s, the beautiful building was in desperate need of renovation. A Local business man acquired Weston Hall in 1992 and spent the 9 years that followed lovingly converting the property into a restaurant and function rooms with accommodation.
In early 2012, new owners took on Weston Hall with a view to making major refurbishments over a 6-month period. After restoring the building to its former glory, Weston Hall re – opened on 16th November 2012. The Hall now incorporates ‘The Cellar’ – an informal dining venue and an event venue with luxury accommodation.